- Makeup Brushes – they are considered as one of the basic tools of makeup. There are several types of makeup brushes available depending upon their usage. Namely, a concealer brush, a foundation brush, an eye shadow brush, a blending brush, etc.
2. Beauty Blenders – these are made of Aqua activated foam to give it an extremely soft texture. One can use these to apply, buff and powder makeup. These are available in different shapes and colours and of different qualities. Generally, the big ones are used for the face and small ones for the area under the eyes and around the nose and lips.
- 3. Mixing Palette and Spatula – this is an important tool for hygienic makeup application. Using a spatula to take out the required amount of product from their respective palettes or bottles and placing them onto the palette and then using a brush or a beauty blender to apply it, helps in maintaining hygiene, avoids wastage and prevents cross-contamination. You can also go ahead with mixing different colours of a product to get the desired shade.
- 4. Lash curler – this metal tool works like a clamp on your lashes, making them look longer and fuller, if you choose the right one.
- 5. Tweezers – there are two types of tweezers that can be a part of your makeup kit. (i) The basic tweezer: we are all familiar with and often use to pluck unwanted facial hair. (ii) The false lash tweezer: this has a different shape and is basically used to help you easily grip your false lashes while placing them onto your lash line.
6. Eye/lip pencil sharpener – this sharpener comes in two sizes and is used to sharpen lip liners, eye pencils and even lipsticks. It gives your makeup pencil a clean tip and is best suited for a soft formula.
- 7. Facial Tissues – Facial tissues are a super convenient beauty product and a staple in makeup toolkits. Due to their soft texture and light-absorbing qualities, paper tissues are useful as a facial blotter, particularly when you are out, as they are able to absorb the oil from your t-zone without rubbing off any makeup. They also prove to be very handy while applying makeup or just for wiping your face.
- 8. Cotton pads and swabs – these are very useful not only while applying makeup but also to cleanse your face and are also helpful during your daily skincare routine. Since they are made of cotton they are gentle on the skin and are multipurpose.
- 9. A pair of small scissors – these prove to be a saviour when you want to trim some of your overgrown eyebrow hair or to trim false lashes according to the width of your eyelids.
- 10. Makeup remover – it’s imperative to remove pore-clogging and eye-irritating makeup before you even cleanse your skin. Making sure every trace of makeup is removed means clearer skin without breakouts and your eyes will be less puffy and lids not discolored.